Looking for a healthy side dish that is full of flavour and appealing to the eye?
We feel ceratin this recipe will be appealing!
Whole spice-roasted cauliflower with pomegranate
Serves: 6 (as a side)
Time to make: 1 hr 15 mins
Hands-on time: 15 mins
• 1 large whole cauliflower, outer leaves trimmed
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
• ½ teaspoon fennel seeds, lightly crushed
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 cup reduced-salt, gluten-free chicken stock
• 3 tablespoons gluten-free tahini
• 2 teaspoons lemon zest
• 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 Preheat oven to 390°F/Gas Mark 6.
Trim the cauliflower base so it sits flat. Using a sharp knife, cut a cross into the base. Place cauliflower in a small baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil.
2 Rub cauliflower with chilli, fennel seeds and pepper, and drizzle with lemon juice. Pour stock into the dish. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
3 Remove the foil and bake for a further 30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a skewer. Place on a serving dish. Drizzle the cauliflower with tahini and sprinkle with rind, pomegranate seeds and parsley.